Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday


I have been busy finishing up this baby quilt for my cousin who is expecting a baby girl this weekend. 
I have had a charm pack of each of Aneela Hoey's first three collections (Sherbert Pips, Little Apples, and A Walk In The Woods) for a while now.  I knew that I wanted to combine all three collections since I think they look so nice together.  I also knew that I wanted a pattern that would leave the charm squares largely intact, but something a little more interesting than just patchwork squares.  So this is what I came up with.


I am really pushing myself on the quilting.  One of the main reasons that I bought my new machine was to improve my quilting, so I better actually work at it.

 Lately I have been totally inspired reading Angela Water's blog and her book.  All three of the quilting designs I am using in this quilt come from her book. 





3 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks lovely, and the design is fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really wonderful quilt, Safiya. Your cousin is sure to adore it.

    ReplyDelete