Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Today I am sharing my Low Volume quilt that I am in the process of quilting.  I loved piecing this top, it was fast, it was carefree, it was liberating.  No worrying about matching points or colors. Just cut, sew, go. Also, this is the very first quilt that I am sewing just for me.  I make a lot of quilts for others but I still don't have quilt that I get to snuggle under. 

I started out with wonky nine patches. Then decided a little more size/shape variation was needed and threw in some wonky four patches and 3 patches(? Don't think that's the right name for it but we'll go with it). 

I am doing pebble quilting for the first time.  I LOVE the texture it adds to the quilt, but I am not loving how much more time it is taking to quilt.  This one is going to have to wait a bit while I finish up more pressing projects.  Like my Modernista swap items.

Other works in progress:
Modernista swap
Mailing out my fabric for The 99 Bee!
Mod Mosaic July blocks
Swoon quilt
Backyard Baby Quilt
Aneela Hoey Baby Girl Quilt






1 comment:

  1. Odd how the unorganized quilts can come out so well? It's a beautiful quilt. I love the soft colors and the pebbling. I can't wait till next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete